Sunday, September 21, 2008

Google Chrome To Support Add-ons


If you've been holding off on Google Chrome due to its lack of support for add-ons or plug-ins, be ready to make the switch. Chrome has proven itself to be much faster and better laid out than my previous favorite - Firefox.

Even so, Firefox has remained my primary browser due to the add-ons that I just can't live without (Foxmarks, Adblock Plus, Gmail Redesigned).

Informationweek.com reports that Google plans on integrating support for add-ons soon. Although, they aren't going to rush it.

... Google will work hard to make sure its add-on paradigm keeps Chrome stable. "We hope to do them right," he said. "As many people notice in Firefox add-ones, there are problems with instability."


Hopefully, it gets here quick - I've been eyeing the newest Opera browser for a while and I'm about to give it another test drive.

0 comments: