Friday, August 29, 2008

Casio's Exilim Cellphone Approved By The FCC



News of Casio's new Exilim cellphone has me re-thinking my choice of phone. I LOVE my Curve and I enjoy my iPhone, but an 8MP Exilim cellphone would fill the void in my mobile phone love life. Both of my current phones have basic 2MP cameras - but, for obvious reasons - I still carry my digital camera in my other pocket.

I currently have the newest Casio Exilim point and shoot digital camera - and in my humble opinion, its the best digital camera of its kind. Its slim (about the same dimensions as the iPhone)- I barely notice it in my pocket - it's 10.1 MP , has a huge beautiful LCD, and is easy to use.

This new phone would be perfect for those times when pocket space is lacking or if I forget my camera. Like today, I went to work without my camera - thinking it would be a short day and I wouldn't miss anything. Sure enough, on the way home a storm was rolling in and had created a cloud formation that had a striking likeness of a giant penis. Balls and all.

I would not lie about such a thing. Alas, I had no camera - we were on a high-traffic street and my phone was tucked away in a side pocket of my backpack in the back seat.

We were only a block away from home, so I had hoped that we could grab our camera and run back in time to take a great picture. Not even 3 minutes had passed and the funny cloud formation had dispersed and was no longer anything special. The sky had gone flaccid.

If I had this phone - I might have a funny cloud picture to blog about.

ANYWAY - If you want the phone, you'll probably have to import it from Japan (IF it will even be unlockable for a U.S. carrier.

0 comments: