Monday, August 4, 2008

Xbox 360 controller button mod



I modded my 360 controller the other night. Although it doesn't look cool like the custom controller I posted about previously - it does have some added functionality now.

I've added two extra momentary push button switches (buttons) to the back. The one that is located on the left side of the controller duplicates the "B" button *This is for the knife attack in COD4 with the "tactical" controller setting that I use. This allows me to knife people without having to take my thumb off of the right stick. I might add the jump button later.

The other button is a rapid fire button mod that I found on the acidmods forum. Normally, this kind of mod will need special parts that make the rapid fire "signal" if you will.

The folks at AcidMods.com have figured out that this can be done without the extra work. A simple two wire/one switch solution.

There are some catches - the batteries must be somewhat discharged for this to work and using this on LIVE will likely get you banned (although, I've had people complain of my rate of fire long before I ever did this mod).

*SIDE NOTE: I took this opportunity to fix the solder points on DAT DUDE RICH's usb WI-FI adapter. You can pick it up whenever :D

0 comments: